Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Let the labor begin

Ok this post is from Wednesday I just never posted it.
Sorry this post may be to much info for some of you so if you would prefer not to hear the details of my labor story then don't read this. So Monday I had a doctors appointment. It was just the usual. She measured the cervix to see if I was dilated and I was only at a 2. She also stripped the membranes which is supposed to help the precess go faster. She told me to expect some bleeding that day. So I went home and kinda relaxed that day. I was having so cramping and spot bleeding so I didn't was to overdue myself. Later that evening I was watching tv when I felt a little fluid leakage. I got a little worried that it may have been my water breaking but after thinking about it and reading some stuff online I just figured I was being paranoid. That was monday so yesterday was Tuesday and my due date. I was feeling frustrated that I wasn't feeling many contractions and I seemed to not be progressing much. I went into work and nothing seemed to out of the ordinary except that I was having a little more leaking then usual but I thought it was probably just urine because the baby was dropping farther onto my bladder so I didn't think much of it. So this morning which is Wednesday I was getting up to get ready for work and I was changing when I has some clear liquid squirt out (sorry if that is to graphic). I was pretty sure that was not normal leaking. So I woke Matt up and called the nurse. She said I better come in just to be safe. So at 6:40am this morning we left to come to the hospital. I was sure that I was going to get here and they were just going to say I was being paranoid and that everything was fine and send me home. But I was wrong. My water had broken. I am not sure when it could have been back on Monday or it could have been the squirt I told you about this morning. Either way I have now been admitted to the hospital. They have me on Potosin to help speed up contractions. When I got here I was already at a 3 1/2 and my nurse said I am having contractions every few minutes which is a good sign. I can not feel the contractions yet but the nurse said she is impressed and that I have a high pain tolerance, but that is not going to stop me from getting the epidural when I start feeling these contractions. So that is were we are now. Sorry for the long post but I have time right now so I want to document it for myself and baby while it is fresh in my mind. So today I will be become a mother. CRAZY. I am so so excited though. I am trying to let the excitement take over the nerves but of course I am a little scared and baby is about to exit my body and that is a little scary. I am really shocked if anyone is still reading this ridiculously long post so I am going to go now but I will post soon hopefully about our beautiful baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment