Sunday, April 24, 2011

Labor for Love

The prior post I wrote while in the hospital. I left off from being put on Patosin and being at a 3 1/2 and not being able to feel the contractions yet. A little while after that I started feeling the contractions. It went from not being able to feeling them at all to feeling them really strongly. After a few really painful contractions I sent Matt to go tell the nurse I was ready for the epidural. Unfortunately the Anesthesiologists were all busy with other people or doing c-sections so it took about an hour and a half for them to come give me the epidural. That hour and a half what the worst part of the whole process for me. Finally the Anesthesiologist came and gave me the epidural. I was a bit nervous for this part but before I know it it was over and I didn't even feel anything. The only thing I felt was the numbing they did before the epidural. Just before the epidural they measured me and I was at a 5. An hour after they have me the epidural they lost the babies heart beat on the monitor so they decided to call one of the Residents to place a internal monitor on his head. The Resident came in and when she came to put the monitor on she measured me and I was at a 10 and ready to go. We tried a few pushes to see if I was ready and then they told me to stop pushing because his head was coming out and they had not paged my doctor yet. When my doctor came in I pushed for about 15 minutes and our precious little guy was here! I think my labor was pretty easy. I feel really lucky and blessed for how smooth the process went. It was so much better then what I expected. And the emotions you feel when the little life comes out of you is indescribable. So welcome to our family Milo James Polifka. Born April 20, 2011. 7.5 pounds 20'' long.




4 comments:

  1. Great job at your birth story! And so fast! I'm so happy for you court! You are going to be a great mommy and matt a wonderful dad! I'm so happy for you guys and that you were able to feel that joy together of bringing your son into this world with your loving husband! Love you cousin! I can't wait to meet him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't Worry that I am crying right now. I LOVE those pics Court...So WONDERFUL!!! You're Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies are the BEST thing EVER! I loved the post Courtney! Imagine the love you have for him now and multiply times 1000 each week... because it just gets better and better! Ilove the name! Hope to meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you guys! There is no greater joy! Can't wait to meet him! Love you!

    ReplyDelete