Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm Having a Baby!

So this picture pretty much sums up most of what I do now. Sleep. Growing a baby inside you is tiring! We are 9 weeks and 4 days along. We were going to wait longer to tell everyone but I have been pretty sick so we were having to tell people and we just decided to tell everyone.
Some days of being sick are really hard but I try to think about how I am not the only one who has ever gone through this. Actually I am pretty lucky that they have medicine that I can take that makes be feel better. I know some amazing ladies in my past that didn't have that luxury and if they would not have gone through their sickness I wouldn't be here.
My mother was very sick when she was pregnant with me. She had to be hooked up to an IV for the first trimester. She told me that once the precious baby comes to your family you forget about the sickness. I have a letter that she wrote my dad when I was born and a few things she said in it makes me know she is telling the truth.
"She was so beautiful all I could do was sit and cry."
"I cannot believe how much I love her"
I also read a book that I have about what my grandmother felt when my mom joined their family.
"Dixie Lee is the name of our precious, lovely baby girl! I am so thrilled with her that I am giddy! It was worth it all, in spite of how miserable I felt. Now I am flying high. When I have a little new baby, I feel like I'm on a little toot!"
So I am not really sure what a little toot is but it sounds like she was pretty happy. My mom and especially my grandma did not have the medicine that I am able to take. So let me tell you I am thankful to be having a baby in this day and age where that have medicine to make it bearable for me to go on with my everyday life. Other wise I would have been living on my bathroom floor for the last few weeks.
I don't mean to complain. I want to be clear that I am so so excited. I know that anything that I go through in the next 7 months will be well worth the joy our child will bring. I am also so so thankful for my wonderful husband that has been taking such good care of me. I spend a lot of time laying on the couch when I am not at work and he has been so good to keep our house clean and making food and pretty much everything else. I don't know what I would do without him. I am so lucky to have him as my husband.
If anyone has any suggestions on books I should read or anything. Let me know now because it will take me until the baby gets here to take in all the information that I should. I am not a very quick reader haha.
Well this is turning into a really long post but I am excited to become a mom and I will make sure to keep everyone posted.

7 comments:

  1. YEA!!! Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! Everytime I am sick from pregnancy, I just keep thinking to myself, At least I am not as sick as Dixie was. At least I don't have to have an I.V.

    As for books, Once the baby is born, get Baby 411. It has all kinds of quick access info on lots of different situations. I referenced that book a LOT with the first one.

    Also, if you haven't already, go to babycenter.com and sign up on the right hand side for their weekly newsletters. It sends you an email about what is happening with your baby each week and what is happening to your body. I think that one is pretty cool. It also compares the baby's size to everyday things and has a picture.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so excited that you guys are having a little baby Polifka! You guys will be great parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sickness advice is to drink shakes/smoothies. That was the one thing stephen would make for me almost every morning and it helped a ton! Lots of good calories but super easy to eat and somewhat apetizing compared to anything else.

    When it comes to books, talk to rach, I gave her all mine and she has a few others that I didn't read but I heard were pretty helpful!

    P.S. Haha. Grandma is such a character. "A little toot" Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is SO exciting! For me, being sick made the actual delivery day a BLAST! I just kept thinking, "In a few hours I will have a beautiful baby boy... AND NOT BE THROWING UP ANYMORE!!!" It was the best day EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Such a cute picture! Being sick is no fun! And don't worry, no one thinks you are complaining!

    As for what to read- this is actually a "Watch". When you get closer to your due date (like in the last month or two), go and rent the DVD "Happiest Baby On The Block"... and LIVE BY IT! It saved us with Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Josh told me that Matt had left a message a few days ago letting us know the big news!! That is so neat! I hope you are one of those lucky ladies that is only sick the first trimester... if that is the case than you are almost on the road to feeling much better!!! Congratulations to you both!! We couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear I posted a comment on here before? Maybe not? IDK. I am so excited for you guys to be having a little one and to see you later this week! Seriously there is nothing better than being a mom!! I used to watch "Its a baby story" on TLC. They really actually freaked me out most of the time but I think it helped prepare me for the actual delivery. Hope you are feeling better because it really sucks being sick!! But yes totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete