Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year New Job

Warning this is the story of how this new job came about so if you don't care skip to the bottom to see what the job is.
My last day of work before we went to Hawaii was Friday Dec. 18th. I went to work in Lehi that morning just like every morning. My manager, Brandon, informed me that morning that this lady named Ann got a job as a General Manager in Yuma, NM. So she would be leaving the Salt Lake City Springhill Suites. I told Brandon that I would be interested in interviewing for Ann's possition in Salt Lake. So Brandon called the GM in Salt Lake and told him I was interested. The GM in Salt Lake said he was going to be doing interviews during the next week. Brandon informed him that I was leaving the next day for Hawaii. So they ended up setting up an interview for that same day. So I finished all my work in Lehi and drove to Salt Lake for an interview. I felt the interview went well and he told me he would get back to me soon. So I didn't want to tell many people before in case I didn't get the job. We left for our trip two days later. About an hour after we landed in Hawaii I got a call from Justin (SLC GM) offering me the possision. We got all the details worked out. As of Jan. 4th I am the new
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER OF SPRINGHILL SUITES MARRIOTT DOWNTOWN SALT LAKE CITY. This is a huge accomplishment for someone my age. It means I am the 2nd person in charge of pretty much everything at the hotel. I deal with accounting, hiring, training, billing, payroll, and much more. We are a smaller hotel so we don't have a accounting office or a hr office. We do everything. I am already learning so much and I am really enjoying myself. Thanks to working at the ranch all those years I was able to get ahead of the game in the hopitality buisness. I am 22 years old, I have a salary job with benifits and I am the big bad boss lady :). So what a great way to start off a new year. Also I am very greatful for my husband because of this new job I work till 7 at night and have no time for cleaning, shopping, laundry, cooking or any of that stuff so I am so greatful to have a husband that is so great to do all those things and to support me in my career.

7 comments:

  1. That it is so great Courtney! What a blessing for you both. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is so great! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! Congrats! You are such a big wig now!! Love ya....hope it is all going good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so rockin' that is such a big accomplishment. You are awesome! It's always nice to be the boss =) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seriously so proud of you!!! Look at you having a dream of a job (besides being a mom of course, because I know you are excited for that too!) and working your way up and GETTING it! Seriously, you are awesome girl! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsers! I don't know how I missed this post earlier. But Courtney, that is so exciting! I don't think I feel like I would be qualified for that position and I worked for Marriott and Hilton for over 10 years and at the ranch and I have 9 years of life over you. That is truly impressive and extremely scary! That would be way too much responsibility for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yahooo!!! I am so excited for you! I am behind on posts, so I just found this out! I LOVED my Marriott days. It was such a great job and time of my life. You will always use the skills you are learning right now.

    Congrats. I am so proud of you hunnie!
    Charise

    ReplyDelete